Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Semantics

I had previously posted on my Pt with Kartagener's. She has some bronchiectasis and has been having frequent tracheobronchitis despite Tx so I bronch'ed her today for deeper sampling. I did B/L BALs. Now, on the labels would you call them Left middle lobe and Right lingula?

3 comments - CLICK HERE to read & add your own!:

Jeff H said...

If that's the anatomy, then that's what I'd label them!

Baleeiro said...

So I don't have to woory about the purists who say (in annoying voice) "left lingula is redundant because there is nor right lingula"?

Jeff H said...

Well, in this case there actually are 3 lobes on the left and 2 on the right. The "lingula" in this patient is on the right. So left middle lobe would be anatomically correct. So screw the purists.