Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday CxR rounds

What is the diagnosis?



update: after reading the comments, see the answer here

7 comments - CLICK HERE to read & add your own!:

Jennings said...

The resolution is not too good on my work computer. I think I see some bibasilar haziness and maybe lateral pleural thickening, is that correct or is it my resolution?

Baleeiro said...

There is indeed some bibasilar haziness...

Baleeiro said...

Look up on the left upper corner...

Jennings said...

Does he have a left clavicular fracture?

Baleeiro said...

A little higher and lateral to the clavicle...

Jennings said...

Wow mendez is right. Good call baw, if that's what this turns out to be.

Baleeiro said...

All right, Mendez! This is a new patient I saw yesterday afternoon with situs inversus secondary to Kartagener's. Her CT scan shows complete situs inversus (pretty cool) and minimal bronchiectasis in her left middle lobe (as opposed to her right lingula). I will post some CT images tomorrow.