Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Followup to shortness of breath

Doug picked up on the subtle clue of chronic UTI's on past history.
Here is the xray

On nitrofurantoin


1 month after stopping the nitrofurantoin:
Her shortness of breath resolved and the DLCO (which was 56%) became 86%.

3 comments - CLICK HERE to read & add your own!:

Baleeiro said...

I have to confess, I saw Doug's comment and thought it was a great idea but I just couldn't find where he saw the nitrofurantoin: I read the Hx twice and didn't see the UTI reference...
Either I need glasses or more sleep...

Jennings said...

I deliberately did not put in the list of meds (with the nitrofurantoin) because that would have been too easy. Instead, I put chronic UTI's into the PmHx in an attemp to hide that history but not eliminate it altogther since that wouldn't have been fair....

Baleeiro said...

Well, I still didn't see it.